Sweet and sour chicken or tofu
Phad Prew Waan
( serves 1 to 2 )
- 2 cloves of crushed and chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup of sliced onions
- 1/2 cup of sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup of chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup of sliced cucumber (or broccoli or cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup of sliced chicken (or tofu)
- 2 tbsp. of cooking oil(soybean, palm, vegetable or sunflower oil)
- 2 tsp. of fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp. of oyster sauce (or mushroom sauce)
- 1 tbsp. of tomato sauce (or ketchup)
- 2 tsp. of sugar
- 3 tbsp. of water
- 1 pinch of salt
Pour the oil in the wok on a low heat. When oil is hot, add garlic, onion, chicken or tofu and a pinch of salt. Stir until fragrant. When the chicken is almost done, add tomatoes, cucumber, water, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and tomato sauce. Turn the heat up. Stir and let it cook for one minute. Add pineapple and spring onion. Stir together well for 10 seconds. Turn the heat of. Serve with rice.
The taste should be sweet and sour. If not enough flavor you can add seasoning to your own taste.
Cucumber can be replaced by other vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower. These vegetables should be blanched first before adding to the wok. You can blanch vegetables by boiling 3 cups of water mixed with 1/4 tsp. of salt. Add vegetables to boiling water for 40 seconds.